How We Can Help
Mental Health Training
Five Ways to Wellbeing – A General Training For Anyone Interested in Wellbeing
Despite the current coronavirus situation we continue to provide this service within the limitations imposed.
Between July 2006 and October 2008 the UK government’s futures think-tank, Foresight, commissioned over 400 experts in psychology, psychiatry, neuroscience, education, and economics from across the world to review current knowledge on mental health and wellbeing. What became clear is that some of our happiness is determined by:
- Our circumstances (where we are)
- Our personal resources (who we are)
- The activities where we focus our energy (what we do)
Towards the end of this process, Foresight commissioned New Economics Foundation to look at the evidence and identify the daily activities that support people to live their lives in a happier way.The resulting actions – Connect, Be Active, Take Notice, Keep Learning and Give – are sure ways to look after our wellbeing.
Who is it for?
5 Ways to Wellbeing is suitable for any type of individual or organisation including community groups, healthcare, social care, schools and public services.
The aim of this course is to create the space for participants to learn about their own wellbeing and share ideas with each other.
At the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Reflect on the Five Ways to Wellbeing in their own lives
- Understand what the science says about how and when the changes we make go the distance
- Develop ideas for improving happiness and wellbeing for themselves and the people around them
- Identifying barriers and opportunities to increasing Five Ways to Wellbeing activities
In the 5 x 2 hour workshops:
- Develop action plans that specify the individual, collective and organisational changes that will contribute to happier working lives.
This workshop is offered for groups of 16 for full and half day sessions. Please contact us to discuss costs – we offer a reduced rate for partners and charitable organisations. (All workshops are currently delivered Tuesday & Wednesday only).
For further information contact [email protected]