How We Can Help
Five Ways to Wellbeing – A General Training For Anyone Interested in Wellbeing
Between July 2006 and October 2008 the UK government’s futures think-tank, Foresight, commissioned over 400 experts in psychology, psychiatry, neuroscience, education, and economics from across the world to review current knowledge on mental health and wellbeing. What became clear is that some of our happiness is determined by:
- Our circumstances (where we are)
- Our personal resources (who we are)
- The activities where we focus our energy (what we do)
Towards the end of this process, Foresight commissioned New Economics Foundation to look at the evidence and identify the daily activities that support people to live their lives in a happier way.The resulting actions – Connect, Be Active, Take Notice, Keep Learning and Give – are sure ways to look after our wellbeing.
Who is it for?
5 Ways to Wellbeing is suitable for any type of individual or organisation including community groups, healthcare, social care, schools and public services.
The aim of this course is to create the space for participants to learn about their own wellbeing and share ideas with each other.
At the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Reflect on the Five Ways to Wellbeing in their own lives
- Understand what the science says about how and when the changes we make go the distance
- Develop ideas for improving happiness and wellbeing for themselves and the people around them
- Identifying barriers and opportunities to increasing Five Ways to Wellbeing activities
In the 5 x 2 hour workshops:
- Develop action plans that specify the individual, collective and organisational changes that will contribute to happier working lives.
Our courses are offered for groups of 10 people. A full day costs £600 and £300 for half a day. Five Ways to Wellbeing full course costs £1,000 for 5 x 2 hour workshops. (All courses delivered Monday to Friday only).
For further information contact: Emily Seymour – Community Training Coordinator