How We Can Help
Poetry in Mind is a fortnightly group in which we explore and share our experiences through the medium of Poetry. We use the power of words to help to rebuild confidence and express ourselves in a creative, positive way.
Aims of the Group
To provide healing, support, creative engagement, structured learning … and a social setting in which to meet new people.
How is poetry powerful?
There are a number of reasons for writing, reading and sharing poetry.
- It can help you figure out how you feel
- It’s a chance to share your unique experiences
- It’s a powerful form of self-expression
- Writing can help you cope – instead of bottling your feelings, poetry is a cathartic way to deal with your emotions.
- Poetry can help you see the world differently
- Poetry can move you
Our poetry group is held every other Friday from 3pm-5pm in our Westminster office at Hopkinson House, 6 Osbert Street, London, SW1P 2QU.
To register your interest, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 259 8100.