Adult Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training is accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health and qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider.
Just as all responsible workplaces have first aiders for physical crises, it is good practice for mentally healthy workplaces to train mental health first-aiders to support people with their mental health and in a mental health crisis. Mental Health First Aiders also help to promote a culture where people feel able to talk more openly about their mental health.
This is a 2-day face-to-face training which we are now also delivering virtually split over 4 x 2 hour sessions. The virtual delivery is made up of both individual learning and a series of live sessions.
- How to identify, understand and support someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
- Mental health issues and diagnoses in detail
- Detailed information on how to support someone experiencing any one of these issues.
- Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is a training course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
- MHFA won’t teach you to be a therapist, but it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis – and even potentially stop a crisis from happening.
- You’ll learn to recognise warning signs of mental ill health, and develop the skills and confidence to approach and support someone while keeping yourself safe.
- You’ll also learn how to empower someone to access the support they might need for recovery or successful management of symptoms. This could include self-help books or websites, accessing therapy services through their GP, their school or place of work, online self-referral, support groups, and more.
- What’s more, you’ll gain an understanding of how to support positive wellbeing and tackle stigma in the world around you.
Who is it for:
Employees at any level of your organisation
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider
- A manual to refer to whenever you need i
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
We will come to you in your organisation, hire space or deliver it virtually using your preferred online platform.
minimum of 8 and maximum of 16 participants
Third Sector: £1800
How to book:
Email: [email protected]