Wandsworth Floating Support Contract
We’re delighted to announce the launch of a new housing support service for Wandsworth.
The Floating Support service will provide assistance to people with mental health needs who live independently.
The service helps people on their recovery journey to develop the skills and confidence needed to live independently in the community.
Our experienced team takes a flexible and person-centred approach. We aim to ensure our service users progress to living the most fulfilling role they can within society, so support is tapered as service users gain more independence.
The type of support we provide can include the following:
- Preparing and agreeing a goal-orientated support plan
- Support to access welfare and income benefits
- Budget management support and advice
- Training to improve cooking skills, healthy food preparation planning, and ‘supermarket tricks’
- Daily living skills support including advice and practical assistance
- Development of social skills to support reengagement with the community
We are delighted to be given the opportunity to continue to provide support to service users in Wandsworth. The new service is a reflection of the efforts and dedication we have shown in the borough, and the excellent working relationship we have with the local authority. Now the hard work begins!
Dominic Bond – Deputy Service Manager