Our Psychological Therapies Service is an IAPT-compliant, primary care ‘talking therapy’ service operating from our central Wellbeing Hub in Westminster.
IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies) is a nationwide initiative by the Department of Health, aiming to bring talking therapy to people with mild to moderate depression and anxiety. The service is commissioned by your local GPs.
Who is it for?
The service provides psychological therapy for people experiencing common mental health problems such as mild to moderate depression and anxiety. All adults registered with a Westminster GP or residents in Westminster are eligible. As we are a commissioned service you will not be charged to access our services.
These services are provided in partnership by CNWL Foundation NHS Trust. If you decide to self-refer, you will initially be referred to the CNWL Foundation NHS Trust’s talking therapies service in Westminster.
IAPT can help with: Anxiety, Depression & Panic.
Our services have been developed to provide talking therapies for anyone who is:
- Feeling down, low or depressed
- Feeling stressed or anxious
- Finding it hard to control worrying
- Anxious in social situations
- Experiencing low mood or anxiety in pregnancy or in the first year after birth
- Experiencing panic attacks
- Experiencing flashbacks of traumatic events
- Caught up in excessive washing or checking
- Experiencing anxiety, stress and low mood linked to a long-term medical condition.
What We Offer
- Individual 1:1 counselling sessions for between 6-12 weeks.
- Sessions normally start 4-12 weeks after an assessment.
- Sessions last for 50 minutes and will be at the same time every week.
We can offer both daytime and evening appointments.
We have a wide range of therapists trained in a number of modalities and approaches, such as Counselling for Depression (CfD), Dynamic interpersonal therapy (DIT), Couples counselling for depression, Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT) and general talking therapy. The therapy we offer has a solution based focus where goals are identified and worked towards during the length of the treatment. In a supportive, trusting environment you will be able to explore challenges and difficulties with your counsellor and work towards achieving your goals.