If you feel like you might attempt suicide, or have seriously harmed yourself, please seek urgent medical help. If you can’t do this by yourself, ask someone to help you.
- Call 999 for an ambulance or go straight to A&E
- Call your local NHS Mental health team on 0800 328 4444
- North London: call Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust’s Urgent Advice Line 0800 0234 650
- South London: call South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust’s Urgent Advice Line on 0800 731 2864
- Speak to a Samaritan on 116 123
- Text SHOUT to 85258
In this service, we work closely with existing bereavement services to offer tailored support. Our Northwest & South West London service offers 1:1 support, short-term interventions, advocacy and liaison support before/after funerals and Inquests, peer support groups, and signposting to other relevant organisations.
- BWW Mind have access to a live Surveillance Hub where Police input information about suspected suicides.
- Our support staff make contact with the bereaved family within 72 hours
- We offer emotional & practical support and guidance
- We understand that it’s a difficult time, and can help you to navigate difficult conversations and/or decisions
- Support can be accessed before and after Funerals and Inquests
- If your situation falls outside our specialism, we can assist you to find the support you need from other organisations
Peer Support Groups
- Peer Support Groups are a chance for people bereaved by a suicide to gain valuable insight and share personal experiences in a safe space, knowing they are not alone. Each group is facilitated by fully trained BWW Mind staff
- The online group takes place every 2 weeks on a Wednesday at 14.00 (2.p.m)
- The face-to-face group takes place every 8 weeks on a Tuesday at 18.00 (6.p.m), at 23 Monck Street, London, SW1P 2AE
impactful sessions delivered annually to cater to the diverse needs of our clients
of the referrals from last year are still actively participating in our services
People living in Croydon; Wandsworth, Kingston, Richmond, Sutton; Merton; Hillingdon; Hounslow, Harrow; Ealing; Westminster; Kensington & Chelsea; Hammersmith & Fulham; and Brent.
How to access us:
- Samaritans on 116 123
- Texting SHOUT to 85258.
- Call your local NHS Mental health team on 0800 328 4444.
- Support After Suicide
- Cruse Bereavment Care
- Child Bereavement UK
- Winston’s Wish
- Zero Suicide Alliance