Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an evidence based, internationally recognised training course that certifies you as a Mental Health First Aider.
Every MHFA course we offer will be delivered by a quality assured instructor who has attended an Instructor Training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health, and is trained to keep delegates safe and supported while they learn.
In this course your employees will gain an in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing. We will teach them the practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues and they will learn about the MHFA action plan and how to apply it so they can confidently step in, reassure and support a person in distress. They will also learn about the importance of early intervention and how to signpost to support for recovery or successful management of symptoms.
- Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is a training course that will teach your employees how to identify, understand and help someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
- MHFA won’t teach how to be a therapist or psychiatrist, but it will teach your employees how to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis – and even potentially stop a crisis from happening.
- They will learn to recognise warning signs of mental ill health, and develop the skills and confidence to approach and support someone while keeping themselves safe.
- They will gain enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening and will build their confidence in having effective conversations about mental health.
- They will learn how to empower someone to access the support they might need for recovery or successful management of symptoms. This could include self-help books or websites, accessing therapy services through their GP, their school or place of work, online self-referral, support groups, and more.
- What’s more, they will gain an understanding of how to support positive wellbeing and tackle stigma in the workplace and the world around them.
Format and duration:
This course provides an inclusive learning experience which includes a blended approach of individual learning and instructor-led live sessions.
The live sessions are completed over 2 weeks across 2 whole days or 4 x 3 hour morning sessions, and will include a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities.
The individual learning is facilitated by an online learning hub, with videos, quiz questions and information.
By completing this course your employees will be provided with:
- A Mental Health First Aid accreditation and certificate
- A Mental Health First Aid manual which details everything learnt in the course plus resources and information for signposting
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health
- Access to MHFA England’s online resources for supporting mental health including film clips, interactive tools, guidance for line managers, and more
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for employees at any level of your organisation.
Just as all responsible workplaces have first aiders for physical health, we strongly believe that it is good practice for mentally healthy workplaces to train mental health first-aiders to support people with their mental health.
Minimum of 8 and maximum of 16 participants
Third Sector: £4,320