We support families with children who have SEND (special educational needs and disability) needs aged 0-19, with anything related to the health, education, and overall wellbeing of their child.
We offer advice and information to help you find the right services for your family. We know that families have different challenges, so our support is designed to be flexible. Whether it’s assistance with benefits issues or any other concern, we can offer support that meets your family’s changing needs.
Please note: families can self-refer to this service.
Our dedicated family workers offer support with various challenges related to your child’s and your family needs. They provide practical and emotional assistance, along with information, advice, and guidance.
We understand that life can be demanding, and many families are caring for other children and juggling other responsibilities. In such cases, we match families with our trained volunteers who can offer practical support.
Our Volunteers can support with:
• Completing forms
• Booking appointments
• Escorting families to appointments
Family Support Workers help with:
- Working through the often complex and long disability allowance application (DLA)
- Benefits advice and access to appropriate financial & non-financial support, including Citizen’s Advice
- Workshops/training for parents and carers on various themes, such as parental emotional and mental well-being and support for your child’s anxiety, etc
- Establishing peer support networks through activities like coffee mornings and opportunities to socialise with other parents and share your views
- Tailored parenting support programmes
- Supporting you during transitions to secondary school and into Adult Social Services
- Guidance to navigate access to other services and organisations
Upcoming Workshops and Meetings:
Wellbeing for Parent
Eastwood Children’s Centre, 166 Roehampton Lane. London SW15 4HR
Wandsworth SEND Local Offer:
Wandsworth advice and information support services (WAISS):
Family Information Services:
• For more information about the service, please contact: [email protected]
• To refer, please complete the form below