It is estimated that poor mental health costs UK employers £33bn – £42bn a year. It is also estimated that the return on investment of workplace mental health initiatives is overwhelmingly positive, with an average return of £4.20 per £1 spent.
Our mental health awareness at work courses can provide your organisation with a better understanding of mental health and wellbeing and the impact that poor mental health can have on workplace productivity. These courses aim to promote positive mental health and help you to build an environment where colleagues feel able to talk openly and receive support around their mental health, creating a happier and healthier workplace culture.
Mental Health Awareness for all employees
This 3-hour course is suitable for all employees in any type of role who would like a better understanding of mental health in the workplace. Participants will learn about a range of topics relating to mental health and mental illness, as well as various tools and techniques that can help them to look after their own mental health and wellbeing and that of their colleagues.
Topics will include:
- The difference between mental health and mental illness
- The impact of poor mental health and mental illness in the workplace
- The impact of stigma and how we can eradicate it from the workplace
- Understanding the common triggers of poor mental health
- Understanding different mental health conditions
- Starting conversations and talking about mental health
- Mental health and the law
- Wellness Action Plans
- Tools and guidance for daily workplace wellbeing management and self-care
- Where and how to seek support
Mental Health Awareness for managers
This 4 hour course is suitable for anyone whose role involves managing or supervising employees and volunteers, or roles that support staff in the workplace. This course will incorporate all of the topics from the Mental Health Awareness for all employees course, with an additional hour of content specifically aimed at managers, which will focus on how they can better support the mental health and wellbeing of individuals and teams.
Additional topics will include:
- How to handle disclosures and how to have supportive conversations
- How to support employees who are struggling with mental health conditions
- How to support an employee who is off sick
- Return to work interviews
- Reasonable adjustments
- How to support an employee with a Wellness Action Plan
- Incorporating wellbeing into team meetings
Location – we will come to you in your organisation or deliver it virtually using your preferred online platform.
Group size – up to 25
How to book:
Email: [email protected]
We can tailor the content or length of the training to suit your requirements
An introduction to better mental health
This half day (3hrs) introductory course aims to raise awareness of mental health, and to understand and recognise the causes, symptoms and support options for a range of common mental health problems. Learn what you can do to challenge stigma, and how to look after your own mental health.
- Better understanding of mental health conditions and treatments
- Awareness of our own perceptions and assumptions about mental health and illness
- Practical tools and understanding of you to look after your own mental health and wellbeing
- Better understanding of how to spot when someone might be struggling with their mental health
- Improved understanding about, and ability to access mental health services, professionals and what support is available
- Increased confidence in having conversations about mental health
- What is Mental Health?
- Signs and symptoms of common mental health conditions: stress, anxiety, and depression
- How to look after your mental health
- How to talk about mental health
- Support available
Who is it for
Mental health awareness is suitable for anyone who would like a better understanding of mental health conditions and how to look after their own mental health and the mental health of others.
How to book:
Email: [email protected]